Looking for SSD upgrade for your Alienware gaming laptops ? We have just tested and reviewed latest SSDs for Alienware m15, m17, x15, x17, Area-51m. And below are top recommended ones for Alienware gaming laptops.
If you are looking for a fast SSD for Alienware gaming laptops, the best choice is the Samsung 980 PRO SSD. The Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD is currently fastest and best selling SSD in the world. Built using their V-NAND 3-bit MLC flash technology and Elpis controller, the Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD offers an M.2 2280 form factor and a PCIe 4.0 x4 / NVMe 1.3 interface to deliver sequential read speeds of up to 7000 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 5000 MB/s. Users will also have access to encryption via TCG/Opal 2.0 and MS eDrive, while a TBW (Total Bytes Written) rating of 600TB helps ensure a long operational life.
- Sequential reads of up to 7000 MB/s and sequential writes of up to 5000 MB/s with a PCIe 4.0 interface which is 2x faster than PCIe 3.0 and 12x faster than Samsung SATA SSDs.
- Intelligent TurboWrite 2.0 maximizes PCIe 4.0 write performance with enlarged TurboWrite regions
- The Samsung 980 PRO provides an endurance rating of up to 600TB
- A nickel-coated controller and a heat spreader label help the 980 PRO effectively dissipate the heat
- Samsung Dynamic Thermal Guard technology maintains the 980 PRO’s temperature at optimal level
- Power efficiency (performance/watt) is improved by up to 65% vs. the 970 EVO Plus
- The 980 PRO comes in a compact M.2 2280 form factor and is backward compatible with PCIe 3.0
Like Samsung 980 PRO, the WD SN850 is another great SSD for Alienware gaming laptops. Long load times are obsolete with the WD SN850 1TB PCIe4.0 M.2 SSD, which uses PCIe 4.0 x4 technology to deliver read speeds of up to 7000 MB/s and write speeds of up to 5300 MB/s. Optimized for top-tier gaming, this SSD also features random read speeds of up to 1,000,000 IOPS and random write speeds of up to 720,000 IOPS to help ensure you don’t lag while playing next-gen games. Also featured is an M.2 2280 form factor, a 1.75 million hours MTTF (mean time to failure), an endurance of 600TB, and 3D NAND flash memory.
- 1TB Storage Capacity
- M.2 2280 Form Factor and PCIe 4.0 x4 Interface
- Up to 7000 MB/s Sequential Read Speed
- Up to 5300 MB/s Sequential Write Speed
- 1.75 Million Hours MTTF
Add fast, high-capacity storage to your computer with the 1TB Rocket NVMe PCIe 4.0 M.2 2280 Internal SSD from Sabrent. This solid-state drive supports an NVMe PCIe M.2 interface with a form factor of 2280 (80mm). Featuring Toshiba’s BiCS4 96L TLC NAND Flash memory and PCIe 4.0 bandwidth, the drive has a maximum read speed of 5000 MB/s and a 4400 MB/s write speed when installed onto a compatible motherboards. It’s backward compatible with PCI 3.0 motherboards, which will deliver read speeds of up to 3400 MB/s and 3000 MB/s write speeds.
- NVMe M.2 PCIe Gen4 x4 Interface. PCIe 4.0 Compliant / NVMe 1.3 Compliant.
- Power Management Support for APST / ASPM / L1.2.
- Supports SMART and TRIM commands. Supports ONFi 2.3, ONFi 3.0, ONFi 3.2 and ONFi 4.0 interface.
- Advanced Wear Leveling, Bad Block Management, Error Correction Code, and Over-Provision.
- All Sabrent SSDs come with FREE Sabrent Acronis True Image for Sabrent Software for easy Cloning. For those who require a specific sector size to clone their existing SSDs: A newly released Sabrent utility enables users to re-format the Rocket drive and choose the sector size of their liking, either 512-bytes or 4K bytes
If you are looking for a cheap NVMe M.2 SSD, you’d better try this one. Built using their V-NAND 3-bit MLC flash technology for reliable performance, the 1TB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 Internal SSD from Samsung offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency. Designed for tech enthusiasts, high-end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers, it delivers sequential read speeds of up to 3500 MB/s, sequential write speeds of up to 3300 MB/s, an endurance of up to 600 TBW, up to 1.5 million hours MTBF, AES 256-bit encryption, and support for both SMART and TRIM.
- INNOVATIVE V-NAND TECHNOLOGY: Powered by Samsung V-NAND Technology, the 970 EVO Plus SSD’s NVMe interface (PCIe Gen 3.0 x4 NVMe 1.3) offers enhanced bandwidth, low latency, and power efficiency ideal for tech enthusiasts, high end gamers, and 4K & 3D content designers
- BREAKTHROUGH READ WRITE SPEEDS: Sequential read and write performance levels of up to 3,500MB/s and 3,300MB/s, respectively; Random Read (4KB, QD32): Up to 600,000 IOPS Random Read. Operating Temperature-0 – 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- PERFORMANCE OPTIMIZATION AND DATA SECURITY: Seamless cloning and file transfers with Samsung Magician Software, the ideal SSD management solution for performance optimization and data security with automatic firmware updates
- SUPERIOR HEAT DISSIPATION: Samsung’s Dynamic Thermal Guard automatically monitors and maintains optimal operating temperatures to minimize performance drops
The Black SN750 NVMe M.2 Internal SSD from WD delivers top-tier performance for gaming and hardware enthusiasts who are looking to build or upgrade their system. It is a solid choice for expanding your gaming library, as well as storing large multimedia files, including photos, videos, and other applications. This SSD has a 2TB capacity, an M.2 2280 form factor, a PCIe 3.0 x4 interface, and utilizes the NVMe protocol. It also features sequential read speeds of up to 3430 MB/s, sequential write speeds of up to 2600 MB/s, a 1.75 million hours MTTF (mean time to failure), an endurance of 300 TBW, and uses WD’s 64-layer 3D NAND flash memory.
- M.2 2280 Form Factor
- PCIe 3.0 x4 Interface
- Up to 3430 MB/s Sequential Read Speed
Built using their V-NAND 3-bit MLC NAND flash technology and Pablo controller, the 1TB 980 PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 Internal SSD from Samsung offers an M.2 2280 form factor and a PCIe 3.0 x4 / NVMe 1.4 interface to deliver sequential read speeds of up to 3500 MB/s and sequential write speeds of up to 3000 MB/s. Users will also have access to encryption via AES 256-bit, TCG/Opal 2.0, and MS eDrive, while a TBW (Total Bytes Written) rating of 600TB helps ensure a long operational life. This SSD also features a smart thermal solution to effectively manage heat, as well as a nickel coating and a heat spreader.
- M.2 2280 Form Factor
- PCIe 3.0 x4 / NVMe 1.4 Interface
- Sequential Reads up to 3500 MB/s
- Sequential Writes up to 3000 MB/s
- Up to 600TB TBW (Total Bytes Written)
- Samsung V-NAND 3-Bit MLC NAND
- Pablo Controller
- AES 256-Bit Encryption
- TCG/Opal 2.0, MS eDrive Encryption
Intel 660P NVMe M.2 Internal SSD features QLC (Quad Level Cell) technology, which offers more capacity per NAND cell, enabling solid-state storage at more affordable price points. Moreover, it utilizes the PCIe NVMe 3.0 x4 interface that has a higher bandwidth when compared to SATA for sequential read and write speeds of up to 1800 MB/s and 1800 MB/s respectively. With a M.2 2280 form factor, the Intel 660P SSD is compatible with a wide variety of notebooks, desktops, and mobile devices.
- Form Factor: M.2 22 x 80mm
- Interface: PCI Express NVMe 3.0 x4
- Performance: Sequential Read (up to) 1800 MB/s, Random Read (8GB Span): Up to 150,000 IOPS. Sequential Write (up to) 1800 MB/s, Random Write (8GB Span): Up to 220,000 IOPS
- PCIe Performance at an Affordable Price – Empowered by Intel’s innovative Intel QLC Technology, the Intel SSD 660p offers higher capacities at a lower cost than TLC-based options. With PCIe, the new SSD 660p skips SATA and its limitations to offer up to 2TB in one drive
- Twice the Capacity in Identical Footprints – These client SSDs pack more data than TLC-based storage, allowing up to 2x more capacity in identical footprints. The thin M.2 80mm form factor makes it perfect for notebooks, desktops, and mobile devices that need storage for everyday computing
- Performance and Price That Matters – The SSD 660p hits the marks that matter for client SSDs