The Canon EOS R3 (B&H/Adorama/Amazon) is Canon’s high-end full frame mirrorless camera released in 2021. This camera is built for speed, versatility, and reliability, a great for sports photograph. To take better photos of Canon EOS R3, you’d better get a speedlite flash for it. We have reviewed and tested latest flashes, and below are top recommended ones for Canon EOS R3:
The new released Canon Speedlite EL-1 is Canon’s most powerful flagship on camera speedlite. Speedlite EL-1 is the best flash choice for Canon EOS R3. Featuring a xenon flashtube, greater exposure stability is possible along with a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and versatile exposure control from full 1/1 power down to 1/8192 power. Also distinct, the EL-1 utilizes the LP-EL rechargeable lithium-ion battery pack to promote shorter recycle times of around 0.9 sec, approximately 335 flashes per charge, and it contributes to improved thermal management and the flash’s active cooling system.
- Maximum Guide Number of 197 ft./60m at ISO 100 Zoom Flash Head with Wide Range of 24-200mm.
- New Rechargeable Li-ion Battery Utilizing LC-E6 Battery Charger.
- Improved Recycling Time (0.9 sec.)* and Number of Flashes (335 times)**.
- New Active Cooling System Enabling Longer Operation and Improved Thermal Management.
- More Versatility with Minimal Power Output Range 1/8192.
The A10 was created for the professional photographer looking for portability and performance features or the ambitious non-professional who recognizes quality lighting but wants it comfortably and easily without the hassle of an overly technical interface. The A10 is easy to use. You can literally take it out of the box and start shooting. Weighing 1.2 lb including its battery, the A10’s sleek matte black finish not only appeals to the eye but to the tactile sense as well.
- Built-In AirTTL, Use On or Off Camera
- Fast Full-Power Recycling: 1 sec
- Upgraded Battery: 450 Full-Power Flashes
- Sync A10 Flash with iPhone Camera
- High-Speed Sync, LED Modeling Light
- 9-Stop Power Range, 76Ws Output
- Weighs 1.2 lb Including Battery
- Optional Wireless TTL with Air Remote
- Includes Bounce Card
- A10 Bag with Shoulder Strap
This is Canon’s professional speedlite flash, more expensive than 470EX-AI. With a powerful guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm. This revision improves continuous flash performance by 1.1-1.5x, or up to 2.0x with optional battery pack, simplifies the menu system for faster operation, and includes a specially designed bounce adapter, a hard color filter, and an updated soft case. The two-way 2.4 GHz radio system provides added reliability and a range up to 98.4′ among up to 5 groups with a total of 15 individual Speedlites. This system also does not need direct line-of-site like traditional optical-based transmission and will work through obstacles.
- 2.4 GHz Wireless Radio Transmission
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm
- Zoom Range: 20-200mm (14mm with Panel)
- Tilts from -7 to +90°
- Rotates Left & Right 180°
- 1.1-1.5x Improved Continuous Shooting
- High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Bounce Adapter & Hard Color Filters
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
Power, speed, and integrated radio transmission make the Ving V860III TTL Li-Ion Flash Kit from Godox a hard-to-beat option for your Canon cameras. Fully compatible with TTL systems, the Ving V860III supports many advanced functions and features. Also, it features the Godox X wireless radio system, which provides both master and slave TTL functionality at a distance. On top of this, the flash is powerful and versatile, featuring a guide number of 197′ at ISO 100 and 200mm along with a zoom range of 20-200mm.
- Built-In X Wireless Radio System
- Recycling 1.5 sec Full Power
- Guide Number: 197′ at ISO 100
- Battery Gives 480 Full-Power Flashes
- Flash Coverage: 20-200mm
- Wireless Master/Slave TTL Functionality
Offering a powerful 76Ws output along with a distinct design, the Godox V1 Flash is an advanced light source with features that clearly reflect the current state of the industry. Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II, this flexible on-camera light is distinguished by its round head, which provides soft, smooth light with gradual fall off that augments the flattering output. The head rotates 330 degrees, tilts -7 to 120°, and has a magnetic surface for lightning-fast attachment of Godox’s accessory light modifiers.
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Output: 76Ws
- Auto Zoom Control, Zoom Range: 28-105mm
- 2.4 GHz Wireless X-System Transmitter
- Built-In LED Modeling Lamp
- Tilts -7 to 120°, Rotates 330°
- Round Flash Head Design
- Magnetic Light Modifier Attachment
- 1.5 sec Recycle Time, HSS Support
- Removable, Rechargeable Li-Ion Battery